Getting Linux system approved by FDA.

Sundar plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:13:18 -0700

Hello,

Finally, I managed to convince our management to get a Linux based test
system to test our products(Pacemakers, De-Fibrillators.....) . Now I
have to decide on RedHat, SuSE or any other and get it approved by FDA.
I know, it's going to be a long time(6 months to an year). Documentation
itself is going to take atleast 3 months.  But, I guess it is better
late than never.

Now to the question -- Have any of you implemented the systems like
this(testing medical electronic equipments or electronic equipments in
general). We will be using LabVIEW(from National Instruments) to develop
the applications. I need your anecdotal experiences and others, if you
have come across similar situations.

And what do you think as the good company to go with. I have good
exposure to RedHat, decent exposure to SuSE  and played around with others.

Any pointers welcome.

Thanks,
Sundar