Experience with ULTRA cheap web hosting?

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:33:28 -0700 (PDT)

Let me tell you a little story about a web hosting company I worked for.  We
hosted 1800 domains on 50+ servers, for which I was the sole admin.  The
company charged $29.95 per month for the most basic account.  We resold our
servers to other companies, and they charged $10/month.  Same boxes  - same
admin (me), so price does not always mean anything.

I currently host georgetoft.com at a $5/month host, and networksbygeorge.com
at a $1/month host (same one).  I monitor them with au uptime tool, and have
noticed they had three outages lasting more than an hour since February.  Not
as good as where I was the admin, but for the price, I am not going to
complain.

Regards,

George