MCSE tests suck.

Matt Pruett plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Aug 2002 17:17:46 -0700

I am working on my MCSE currently.

The test content is easy, but I cant beleive some of these questions...
I guess Micro$oft's way of rasing the bar on their tests is making them
progressivly worse written. I biched about this the last test but damnit
this is insane!  I am staring at a test question right now that makes no
sence, in their senario they have an ISP give an entire class C of
internet addresses (255) to a office of 100 computers, the ip address
range isnt a valid range for internet use, a company that size
realisticly wouldent use more than 3 of the 255, and they specify a 24
bit subnet or 255.255.255.0 . Then after giving you all this completely
bogus info they ask an off the wall question like what subnet mask you
would use for your network if you wanted 10 subnets and 10 hosts per
subnet.  Even if that did make sence to do, they already specified the
subnet mask as 24 bits. So you have to just guess at what they are
actually getting at.

Thank god for Braindumps, if I dident have these I fear the only way to
pass these tests would be to stick a crayon in my brain.

Cisco's tests are actually well written. This is probably one good
reason why theres so many "Paper MCSE's" around, They get out in the
feild and dont have any grasp on the right way to do things. But then
again if people had a grasp on the right way of doing things there would
be more *nix and less windows.

Latter!