More laptop woes

Scott plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 23:37:07 -0700 (MST)

I have an HP N5450 laptop that is (finally) tweaked with all the bells and
whistles: RH 7.3, sound, vmware, multimedia playback (ogle, divx player)
and a neat utility that allows me to switch my display to {lcd, crt, tv
out} or any 2 at the same time (ie lcd and tv out).

I have run into a minor problem: when I am switched to the tv out, the
resulting display on the tv is too big for the screen.  The bottom and
right sides are beyond the edges of the tv screen.

The question: how can I make the tv out fit the tv screen when I switch
to it?  Is it as simple as dropping the resolution of X (which I have not
ried yet)?  Or am I sol?

scott