Lee's Press Release

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
16 Aug 2002 23:16:51 -0700

> I don't like the idea of XML for press releases, I don't think PLUG
does
> enough for that. If we did 10 a week, XML could really shine through a
> content managment system, but as it stands OpenOffice seems good to
me.

The problem is that press releases are often less than one page of
material and while I love open office it is VERY heavy to require it to
participate in the editing and development of the document.

A SIMPLE XML is basically the equivalent of doing it in ascii text with
the ability to use xslt to put in open office, text, html or the likes
quickly once it is final.

-Derek