printing

Brett Bunker plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:46:03 -0700

--=_38645520.1B7A1333

I have set up a Red Hat 7.2 server that acts as a print server and =
firewall for a small business. They use Windows 2000 for their file server =
and clients. Last week The printing just stopped. You could not print from =
the server or any clients. I could not find any jobs stuck in the queue or =
any error messages that gave me any clues to what happened. When I tried =
to restart lpd it would not stop. When I rebooted the server it came up as =
failed when the system tried to stop it. I upgraded the LPRng package from =
Red Hat but still had the same problem. I ended up rebuilding the system =
and then upgraded the kernel to the latest from Red Hat. Has anyone had =
any similar problems and do you have any ideas what might have happened. =
Thanks

Brett Bunker
Lan Administrator
Arizona State Hospital
Office 602-220-6451
Pager 602-215-0195

--=_38645520.1B7A1333

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>I have set up a Red Hat 7.2 server that acts as a print server and =
firewall=20
for a small business. They use Windows 2000 for their file server and =
clients.=20
Last week The printing just stopped. You could not print from the server =
or any=20
clients. I could not find any jobs stuck in the queue or any error =
messages that=20
gave me any clues to what happened. When I tried to restart lpd it would =
not=20
stop. When I rebooted the server it came up as failed when the system =
tried to=20
stop it. I upgraded the LPRng package from Red Hat but still had the =
same=20
problem. I ended up rebuilding the system and then&nbsp;upgraded the =
kernel to=20
the latest from Red Hat. Has anyone had any similar problems and do you =
have any=20
ideas what might have happened. Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Brett Bunker<BR>Lan Administrator<BR>Arizona State Hospital<BR>Office=
=20
602-220-6451<BR>Pager 602-215-0195</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=_38645520.1B7A1333--