PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #2651 - 10 msgs

Merley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:47:07 -0700

Hello All,

I have an old VA-503+ motherboard with a 200 MHz processor and an ISA
SoundBlaster 16 PnP in it.  Also SMC NIC, S3Virge/DX PCI video, USR
Internal hardware modem, USB card.  RH7.3 and 7.2 picks up all the
hardware and assigns IRQs, ports, and DMA fine, as does 98, and 2000.
But when I try SuSE 8.0, it doesn't handle the sound card well, or it
already uses some of its resources.

So, do any of you know what is a way to fix this?  I think I remember
somewhere in SuSE where you can look at what is assigned to what, but I
don't remember where that is.  I might be able to choose the correct
values.  But have any of you run into this?

Kim