anyone have spare 128 meg dimms laying around

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 01:17:59 -0700

well,
right now, I am operating on an older k6 AMD based system and only have a
single 128 meg dimm to work with. damned thing is being slow (mostly owing to
swapping out to the swap partition a lot).
as for the problem, I suspect that lightning damage from the storm of 2 weeks
ago did things in.

what I am doing for the most part is running an in-home lan and cluster using
a bunch of old 486 class machines. the room-mates have their own boxen also
connected (one is a 950 AMD athalon and the other is a 700 duron and both are
not accessible by me as they are behind closed/locked doors).

its tough living on a stipend from the government (disability) and my hopes
for ever getting a job (and soon) are evaporating like a fog in a furnace.

I haven't been able to get any of the other boards to work that I recently
picked up (jumper/setting issues probably). until I do, I am stuck using this
<350 Mhz machine with performance issues.

Technomage