Follow-up on Debian install.

BoBB plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:41:00 -0700

in your /etc/X11/XF86Config(XF86Config-4 depending on which version of X your running) you should see a section like this ...

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth 24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     1
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     4
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     8
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     15
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes     "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Just change the default depth to 16 and make sure there is a subsection for 16bpp and that it has the correct modes you want to use. That should be all you have to do.