New postfix/SpamAssassin/amavisd-new SPAMFILTER HOWTO

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 22:43:09 -0700

Cool.  My parents keep spending more money on Windows software to deal with
things like Spam.  They both use Outlook as their client (one by choice, other
because of work).  I use NS for mine and while I do get some spam, it is less
than 20/day compared to the 4-500 normal mails I get (lots of mailing lists).
The amount of spam I have received did go up after some of the groups became
Yahoo groups.  I wonder if there is a true correlation?

Now to find the spare time to actually set up an inbound/outbound mail relay
server on the internal network.  It would only relay mail from itself to the
normal email server (Qwests) and receive mail back from it using POP3.  Should
help reduce the out of town inbox overflow on Qwests server.