XML event schema

David Uhlman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 03:31:43 -0700

I have posted information about the plug schema I cooked up to help automate
future event notification. It has a guide for people who manage events
scheduling for "plug type" events so that they can use the xml to have an
upcoming version of the plug website automatically retrieve event info and
post it into a php based calendar.

The schema and code are in alpha but please take a look. I will incorporate
changes as need dictates. There are a few typos in the guide that I will fix
in the next revision. I wrote the guide so anyone should be able to figure
it out, if your are anyone and can't please let me know. The guide assumes a
little bit of xml knowledge but that's all.

If I can get this rolling it would solve the huge pet peeve I have about
checking thirty web pages and trying to put date (that sometimes change)
into my little pda. I suspect many other people feel the same way.

PS
Is there any form of grammar checking add-on for OpenOffice (don't say star
office)?

Also php code will be available as soon as the plug site switches over to
its new digs, courtesy of unity wave I believe.

Sincerely,
David Uhlman
CTO 50km Inc.
office(877-571-7679)