Lexmark printer problem

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
08 Aug 2002 11:52:00 -0700

I'm trying to get my Lexmark Z23 printer to work with Red Hat 7.3 (yep,
the one I got at the devel. mtg. :)).  Everything is set up via
printconf-gui, and I can send a test page to the printer, but all it
does is kick out a blank page. It does this with both ASCII and PS test
pages. I've tried just about every configuration possible with
printconf, but I can't get it to print a real test page.

Any ideas?

(I had the same problem with this printer with Red Hat 7.1, but I got
around it by connecting the printer to my Windows machine and printing
via Samba. I'm trying to wean myself from the Windows box, tho, and this
problem is not helping.)