Win32 API utterly and irreprarable broken

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:10:25 -0400 (EDT)

You are correct that it's not possible to safely
execute untrusted code as root in Linux, and that
it's not safe to execute untrusted code as Admin
in Windows.

OTOH, it is safe to execute untrusted code as an
unpriviliged user in Linux. It is not safe to
execute untrusted code as an unpriviliged user
in Windows.

That's major difference - it is impossible to execute
untrusted code on a Windows box safely. It is
trivial to execute untrusted code on a Linux box
safely.