Win32 API utterly and irreprarable broken

Dr. G plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 07:03:03 -0700

" This issue is a critical security problem if a Windows machine is used by
more than one person."

Which gets to the root of alot of peoples problems with security
vulnerabilities (NOT just in Windows I've seen). Bad passwords/naieve trust
of thier fellow man.

Worst : Not updating with Patches. Even linux has patches, so...
Bad: Bad passwords/naieve trusting users
Annoying: Stupid users that open eveything they can just because "Hey, if I
got it, it need to be opened without any pre-thought!"

There is a reason why different user security levels were invented for
Windows and Linux. Restricting Security Is Good.

Other then that, if your running a program on your PC someone else made that
you don't 100% trust, your gambling, no matter if it's windows or linux.

We need intelligent computer users...

So, essentially we're screwed...(glass 3/4 empty!)