Debian Install Newbie Tips

Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:37:54 -0700 (MST)

Am 07. Aug, 2002 schwätzte Robert Bushman so:

> Ahhh, just the answer I was looking for. How
> will this affect the other modules I specified,
> like cmpci (my sound card), ide-scsi (to
> emulate scsi for my burner), and eepro100?
> Would they have been set up as external modules?

If you don't want to have to use a GUI ( modconf that Derek suggests claims
to be a GUI ), then just put the modules you want in /etc/modules.

Those are the modules that mkinitrd will shove in the initrd when you
install a new kernel. If you're not using an initrd, those are the modules
that will get loaded at boot time. I use an initrd and my filesystem module
is in /etc/modules.

I also use rcs on /etc/modules, so I can keep track of changes.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then