Knoppix

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 07:36:11 -0700

Quoting JD Austin <geek@austinbox.com>:

> Knoppix is way cool.. Im running it on my laptop right now :)
> I'd have to say Im impressed... a full featured linux distro on a cd.
> It detected all my laptop peripherals, automatically did dhcp, and started
> X ... Beats the heck out of the Cygwin I have installed :)
> Definately something I'll carry with me wherever I take my laptop from now
> on!
>
> JD

Sofar, I've installed Knoppix on about a half dozen machines with Intel,
AMD and VIA CPU's without a problem. Kudos to Dipl.-Ing. Klaus Knopper and
Debian on which Knoppix is based!

I'll burn some CDs and bring them to Thrusday's meeting.

Dennis Kibbe

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/