Free Software for m$

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:49:25 -0500 (CDT)

It irrated me that I couldnt find a unzip tool that was freesoftware as I
could swear I found one before.  A little digging produced UnZip (runs on
about all platforms and has source and is BSD'ish in licensing)

http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/UnZip.html

Because they chose to roll their own liscense (grumble, grumble), I can
not readily say if it is or isnt 'free software', though on the surface it
appears to be.

http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/license.html

Someons should ask license@gnu.org probably if it is a free software
license or not, if so we should include it.

-Derek