Free Software for m$

Adrian Mink plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:00:26 -0700

Freezip at http://www.braxio.com/zip.htm. Not GPL or open source, but 99% of
windows users
really don't care.

Adrian
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Parrish" <cparrish@cox.net>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Free Software for m$

> Other Tasks Need Alternatives For
> ---------------------------------
> Unzipping
> VCD Making
> ICQ/MSN/AIM client
> IRC Client (chatzilla maybe?)
> Paint Shop Pro (can gimp run w/o cygwin)
>
> chatzilla should work on windows as well (I haven't tested this but it was
build with XPcom and XUL just like the rest of mozilla so should - plus I'm
pretty sure we have ppl on #mozdev using chatzilla from windoze). Yes there
is a Win32 version of gimp (I think you have to install gtk first). I just
installed this on my gfs laptop and she likes it. I don't think its as
feature rich as the *nix version though (maybe more of an insentive for them
to switch).