Red Hat 7.2 install question

Scott plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 12:17:18 -0700 (MST)

Kevin - Re-read his question and then think about the answer you gave.

As far as I know, NT, 2000 and XP all use the same "boot" procedure.  In
order to dual boot - without needing a boot floppy, point your favorite
browser at: http://www.tldp/org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.html
It has the directions you need to set up the "menu" so you can choose
which OS you want to boot to.  I have used these directions successfully
with both NT and 2000 systems.  Note that once you get everything working,
Linux wont be able to access the NTFS disks.  There used to be a driver
that would allow you to access NTFS from Linux but I am not sure if it is
still available - so you might want to look into that.

As for the gui problem - sounds like X is not configured properly.  You
will most likely need to run Xconfigurator.  Once you have chosen all the
appropriate options in Xconfigurator, there should be an option to test.
If all is working, you will see a X screen along with a dialog box asking
if you can see the screen.  If all is not working, just wait a bit, it
will timeout and bring you back into Xconfigrator.

scott