Debian Esc/Alt/Meta Mapping

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 02:47:12 -0400 (EDT)

So this may be the "wrong" answer, but it works
really well for me. I'm using Debian, X11 and
Emacs on an x86. To map the Alt keys to Meta,
I use:

xmodmap -e "keysym Alt_L = Meta_L Alt_L"

Could someone clue me on the right place
to put this to make it exec on init? I have
"keysym Alt_L = Meta_L Alt_L" in ~/.Xmodmap,
but it doesn't autoload. After I log in I
manually execute it:
bob@debian:~$ xmodmap .Xmodmap

 'Microsoft also warned today that the era of "open computing," the
 free exchange of digital information that has defined the personal
 computer industry, is ending.'

 http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/25/technology/25NET.html

 Will Microsoft permit you to use your mission critical data when
 you need it?  Linux will, and you have the source to prove it.