Bruce Perens on OSI

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I interpret this:
  Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not
  covered by this License; they are outside its scope.
as meaning that compilation and execution are not covered.

Adding a requirement to click one or another button
in order to be permitted to compile or execute would
be outside the scope of the GPL.