Blinking KB LEDs meaning?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 16:53:29 -0700

This is interesting so I am taking a side step from my real task to learn
something more about Linux...

I have been using Linux to test a SCSI storage device.  The device is known
to not be behaving well, hence the need for testing.  I had to Konsole
shells up, both of them running sg_read commands to the SCSI device.  The
device caused it's problem.  While Linux was trying to recover, I decided
to resize the Konsole windows.  Suddenly, everything froze solid.  No
mouse, no keyboard, screen frozen.

However, the LEDs on the keyboard are now blinking.  The CapsLock and
ScollLock LEDs are blinking together and the NumLock stays off.  "Cool,
maybe an error code when my broken test device induces some kernel error,"
I thought.  A quick search of the internet did not show a decoder ring for
this blink code.

Anyone know where a decoder ring could be found?

In the mean time, I have some coding to do...

Alan