news from SMUG

Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:07:58 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

well, we didn't outnumber them, but we had a strong showing. Thanks to Matt,
Dave, Dave, Jim and Kyle for helping out. Lots of good input from them!

SMUG seemed impressed by our showing *and* what we had to say. I expect to
see a couple of them at our meeting next week. A couple might even book the
overnight train for InstallFest2.

I will be sending them more info and hope a couple of their members will
sign up to help us support Free Software.

A few were amazed to find out you could have email, web and office apps that
weren't susceptable to viruses.

We need to work on the Free Software for m$ CD. Has anyone evaluated the
projects that were posted a couple of weeks ago?

If we have a CD that goes in and easily installs Evolution, Mozilla,
OpenOffice and the GIMP we could start making inroads via transitional
software. My goal is then to get the m$ and mac users groups to help with
the support of those CDs.

Is there an m$ users group for the west side of town? We might be able to
get them to help out with InstallFest2.

Note for future events. When we go to another group like that we need to
have DemoLinux or similar live eval CDs and the Free Software for that
platform CDs.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans