Exceed & its various "start" methods

Scott plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 20:19:06 -0700 (MST)

In exceed, you can set up a "script" to fire up a program on a remote
system, such as xterm, and have it show up on your local box (thats
running exceed).  Two of the more widely used start methods are Telnet and
Rexec.  I know how to issue the command line equivalent to Exceeds rexec
start method - ie

rexec joeuser@myhost.com /usr/bin/xterm -display 10.1.1.2

What I am trying to do is figure out how to do this with the "Telnet"
method.  Does anyone have any experience with this or know where to point
me?  I've been searching around but havent had much luck in finding an
answer.

Yes, I could just stick with rexec, but I really dont want to have rexec
services running on my RH box - so if anyone can help, it would be
appreciated.

scott