more SMUG mtg info

Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:42:19 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

OK, got mail from Kyle over at EMR ( Met him at the Expo. EMR is a
GNU/Linux-based ISP. Their parent company has asked to be switched to
GNU/Linux for the desktop. He will probably be doing a presentation for us.
Everybody say hi to Kyle :).

He pointed out a resource that just wasn't obvious last night, namely the
SMUG home page :).

http://aztec.asu.edu/smug/Next_Meeting.htm

There they list the meeting as being at the Ahwatukee Recreation Center,
5001 E. Cheyenne, Ahwatukee, Phoenix, AZ. I always though Ahwatukee was it's
own city, but everything lists Ahwatukee resouces for Phoenix.

Anyway, google to the rescue:

http://www.azlife.net/Recreation/Recreation-Centers.htm

Ah, it's the AHWATUKEE RETIREMENT RECREATION CENTER and still at 5001 E
Cheyenne Dr., 480 598 3679.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps.py?addr=5001+E.+Cheyenne+Dr&csz=Phoenix%2Caz

Hmm, that looks closer to the directions I was given.

BTW, for those that don't know this yahoo maps shortcut, it rocks because
URLs fit in 80 chars.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-)