Linux for small business

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:39:42 -0700 (MST)

Am 28. Apr, 2002 schwätzte KevinO so:

> Tom Achtenberg wrote:
> > I don't see a whole lot of difference between the "Free Software
> > Movement" and the "Shareware" movement.  Just a different platform.
> Free software is free as in free speech, Shareware is free as in free beer.
>
> Big difference.

It's a great tagline, but it doesn't explain the differences very well. It's
also only representing the view of the end user.

Add the following and it gets a little better:

#  If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
#  you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
#  I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
#  two ideas. -- George Bernard Shaw

I think that's one of the real motivators for the content providers in the
Free Software community.

lufthans@fs:~$
Display all 1829 possibilities? (y or n)

That's 1829 ideas right there :). Along with the code to turn those ideas
into functioning programs.

Add to it the fact that the Free Software guarantees have allowed many
people to work on those ideas and improve them, thereby giving us superior
software.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
# We now return you to your regularly scheduled paranoia...