Linux for small business

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:12:59 -0400

Another aspect about the FSM is about have several programmers work
on a project to make it better for the sake of programming perfection.
The commercial model is doomed to failure as the program is written to
satisfy a need within a budget and time constraint.  If the best
solution does not fit into the timeline/budget, then some kludge is
jammed into place.

I live this scenario every day.  I lived it for almost a year at
Amex.  Shove CrappyApp into production so the Manager gets her
bonus - close project - oops, there are bugs - too bad, there's
no money in the budget this year.

Quick, Cheap, or Correct - pick two.

George