Linux for small business

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 01:44:23 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1EE90.E571DB30

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Derek Neighbors [mailto:derek@gnue.org]
> Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 1:59 PM
> To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
> Subject: RE: Linux for small business
[snip]

I learned a long time ago not to mix politics and business. When dealing
with business's I point out business reasons why a switch is good. When
dealing with politics/religion I leave business reasons out of the
conversation. While I support some of the goals of the Free Software
Movement I do not support all of them.

You are correct simply saying that windows is expensive and not bringing up
the doctrine of the Free Software Movement does little justice to the Free
Software Movement. I don't actually can if I do "justice" I simply take a
more pragmatic path towards getting business' moved over to Open Source
Software. If that helps the Free Software Movement so much the better, but I
would prefer to get them off of prop software, then push the goals of the
FSM.

Cheers,

Davidm

> Yes this is true.  I happen to fairly aware of the fact that
> GNU/Linux and
> free software is viable for small, mid and large enterprises.
>  I think you
> have misunderstood my argument.  I am not a propenent of windows.
> However, simply saying windows is expensive and microsoft sucks, does
> little justice to the Free Software Movement. :)
>
> -Derek

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1EE90.E571DB30

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: Linux for small business</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: Derek Neighbors [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:derek@gnue.org">mailto:derek@gnue.org</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 1:59 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: =
plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: RE: Linux for small business</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>[snip]</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I learned a long time ago not to mix politics and =
business. When dealing with business's I point out business reasons why =
a switch is good. When dealing with politics/religion I leave business =
reasons out of the conversation. While I support some of the goals of =
the Free Software Movement I do not support all of them.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>You are correct simply saying that windows is =
expensive and not bringing up the doctrine of the Free Software =
Movement does little justice to the Free Software Movement. I don't =
actually can if I do &quot;justice&quot; I simply take a more pragmatic =
path towards getting business' moved over to Open Source Software. If =
that helps the Free Software Movement so much the better, but I would =
prefer to get them off of prop software, then push the goals of the =
FSM.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cheers,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Davidm</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Yes this is true.&nbsp; I happen to fairly aware =
of the fact that </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; GNU/Linux and </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; free software is viable for small, mid and =
large enterprises. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; I think you </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; have misunderstood my argument.&nbsp; I am not =
a propenent of windows.&nbsp; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; However, simply saying windows is expensive and =
microsoft sucks, does </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; little justice to the Free Software Movement. =
:)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -Derek</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; =
________________________________________________</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; See <A =
HREF=3D"http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml</A> if =
your </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; mail doesn't post to the list quickly and you =
use Netscape to </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; write mail.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; PLUG-discuss mailing list&nbsp; -&nbsp; =
PLUG-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; <A =
HREF=3D"http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss" =