booting a Alpha box

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
25 Apr 2002 15:48:50 -0700

Okay I've got a AlphaPC 164SX. which was running fine but when I did the
install it told me it couldn't copy Milo to the FAT partition. I didn't
worry about it since Milo was already installed. Trying to figure out my
new debian install I rebooted the system (or tried to) Now I can't
figure out how to boot *into* my regular system (I guess I'm trying to
boot into the kernal?). Anyways this is the Voodoo I can do to get back
to the installations screen

boot hdc:boot/linux root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1

Anyone know Milo enough to tell me how to boot my system from the
CD-ROM? I think if I can get there I can install srm and I won't have to
worry about this anymore.

CArl P.