Problems with Mandrake 8.1

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:07:02 EDT

--part1_8e.26f7723d.29f9c9f6_boundary

I just installed Mandrake 8.1 this morning and had the same problem, and here
is how i fixed it....
when the screen stops flashing sign in as root, with your root password of
course, then after it is logged in type "init 3", it will do some stuff for a
minute then you will want to type "depmod -a    " and then after that does
what it does, reboot, should boot up with X this time.

that is how I did it, I was told my somebody at mandrakeexpert.com to do it
like that and the reason is cause I have an Nvidia graphics card is what I
was told. Of course that may not work for everyone, so do it at your own
risk, but it did work for me.

--part1_8e.26f7723d.29f9c9f6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I just installed Mandrake 8.1 this morning and had the same problem, and here is how i fixed it....<BR>
when the screen stops flashing sign in as root, with your root password of course, then after it is logged in type "init 3", it will do some stuff for a minute then you will want to type "</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#333333" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">depmod -a    " and then after that does what it does, reboot, should boot up with X this time.<BR>
<BR>
that is how I did it, I was told my somebody at mandrakeexpert.com to do it like that and the reason is cause I have an Nvidia graphics card is what I was told. Of course that may not work for everyone, so do it at your own risk, but it did work for me.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_8e.26f7723d.29f9c9f6_boundary--