Lots of telnet sessions

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
24 Apr 2002 09:22:02 -0700

No, the system load is not from disk usage or memory usage.  it seems to
be a scaleing problem with telnetd and dropped connections.  For the
most part it runs fine but if one of our client lines drops and ~100-200
conntions get dropped the load spikes like this.  It usually takes 5-10
minutes for our script to kill off the offending processes then
everything goes back to normal.

Bill W