BYO or manufactured?

KevinO plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:00:34 -0700

Dr. G wrote:
> I agree with Fry's being good. At least at Fry's or CompUSA or even best Buy
> I know I have the abilty to go in and buy something with a warranty. Somehow
> I doubt the swapmeet is that reliable..

I won't buy expensive parts at Fry's since you generally have to spend too
much for it there, it you want good quality parts. So much of there stuff has
those 'already been returned' stickers also - gives me a real warm fuzzy
feeling to buy a motherboard or hard drive that has been handled by somebody
else first. There return policy suffers from the fact that you have to deal
with the flunky's Q/A to return something of value.

I can get something 2nd air from someone else and get it cheaper even when you
add in the shipping.

I don't have to drive down there to find out they don't have something either.
(I have found trying to call them up almost useless.)

I have gone down there just to get a look at something, and then ordered it
elsewhere .... if I really wanted a close look .... and then maybe wander over
and pick up a stack of blank CDRs while there....
--
Kevin O'Connor

  "People will be free to devote themselves to activities that are fun ...

The GNU Manifesto - Copyright (C) 1985, 1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc.