BYO or manufactured?

Sundar plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:03:04 -0700

I used to do BYO, but not anymore. If you include , all the trips you
make to Fry's (and time wasted at office thinking about it), you might
actually come better off with manufactured systems. Whenever I used to
build the system by myself, I always went back and did upgrades on this
and that. But last time, I went to dell.com and picked up bare bones
dual processor systems and it worked out cheaper than the dual processor
system I was planning to build and never been happier before. I have
Solaris, BSD, Redhat and Windoze on that box. No problems.....

Sundar