Gentoo rocks -> Debian vs. Gentoo

Matt Pruett plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
22 Apr 2002 20:17:27 -0700

To Bob:

I supose "advanced" is a bit much for the catagorization. However I was
refering to users who dont have to rely on automated configuration tools
to get things running. Also the nessesity of reading a document to
install the software initialy.

To Chris:

Gentoo's package management is quite elegant because it is compiling the
packages from source instead of prebuild binarys. Considering this, and
it beeing as easy if not easyer to use than most other package
management systems is what I find appealing.