Need *credible* vendor support stories

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:52:10 -0700 (MST)

Am 19. Apr, 2002 schwätzte George Toft so:

> ebo@leml.la.asu.edu wrote:

> > two issues come to mind.  Legal defensability (i.e.finger pointing), and
> > warm-fuzzies (i.e. making upper management feeling safe; kind of like
> > Dilbert(?) peeing in a warms suite)
>
> That pretty much sums it up.  I'm bummed.
>
> If that is the case, does OSS have a chance in Corporate America without
> IBM's help?

Sure. IBM providing global support will definitely be a boon, but it's the
support that we need. RedHat provides that. Maybe we can get Curtis to hop
down and talk to us about that some time. LinuxCare was going to, but they
self-destructed. I think SuSE does the same as Red Hat, but mostly in .de.
Same for TurboLinux in .jp.

We also need the LSB to become a working reality.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/