SCC

Jim plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:13:57 -0700

As you have heard from Alan, things went well.  The room was full of
interested bodies and they asked good questions.  Of course, we took the time
to answer them as best we could.

By far the biggest hit was Kevin's Linux box.  While some of us
nicotine-addicted people chatted outside with other addicts, Kevin had a
crowd around his machine.  Too bad reception out there was sub-par.

Special thanks to Thurm.  Not only did he provide the room and post notice of
our presence, he videotaped the presentation AND gave out some copies of
RMS's new book.

As usual, the surprising thing was that few people had heard of PLUG.  The
primary purpose of these events is exposure to PLUG.  I think we accomplished
that, along with generating a lot of interest in Linux.

--
Jim

Freedom" is just another word for "nothing left to lose