Job Opening

Michael Dearman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 05:00:24 -0700

James Shaker wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> It appears that our company will shortly be in need of someone who has
> experience in the following areas:
>
>         Linux (of course)
>         MySql
>         PhP
>         Apache
>
> We are a small company and as such most of us wear a few hats depending upon
> priorities.  We are looking for someone who is willing to learn AND to
> teach.  This ia a full time position, not a temporary contract.
>
> This is for a project that is just starting so we, you and I, get to select
> from scratch the hardware for servers, backup, UPS, RAIDs, whatever...
>
> Please email your resume and a short cover letter to james@vartek-corp.com
>
> Thanks,
> James

Hi James,

I have no resume for this type of work. In short; I quit my job at Boeing (then McDonald Douglas) and have been studying
on my own for the past couple of years. I've covered a broad range of topics that include your list. But no real work
experience except for helping out with getting a project started using the same set up you've listed above.

Would you be interested in someone with an intermediate level(and that might be stretching it) of experience?
If so, I can send more info and see if I can talk you out of it (you'll get the unvarnished truth).

If not. Good luck with your new project.
Michael R. Dearman