modem

Gontran Zepeda plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:44:06 -0700

* yardd0g (kibo@legions.org) wrote:
> I am trying to install this modem to RH7.1. It is a Conexant modem with a
> linux driver. Most everything in the control panel indicates that the system
> knows that the modem and the driver is there. I have tried installing the
> driver to ttyS3 as instructed in my book.

How did you go about installing?  What kind of Conexant modem _exactly_
(cat /proc/pci) and have you been to http://www.linmodems.org/?

If it's HSF, it's known to work -- with compiled kernel modules.  HSF you
may be SOL -- wait, there is a new beta for those too:
http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/hcf/

So what now?  What's a "control panel"? 8)

hth,
Gontran