Multiple USB serial ports?

Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:31:56 -0700

I have a bunch of DigiBoard stuff that you are welcome to.  It looks like I
have 2 external boxes that have 8 serial ports each and 1 isa board that has
8 serial ports coming off the back.

Gilbert

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Eric
Thelin
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 12:37 PM
To: PLUG-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Multiple USB serial ports?

Does anyone know how many serial ports you can run on a linux box using
USB to serial adapters?  My brother is interested in using this aproach
to build a terminal server.  He would like to run 16-32 ports to replace
his multiserial board that isn't quite as reliable as he would like.
Any ideas?  Or anybody know of any really cheap terminal
servers/multiport boards?

Eric