next problem

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:26:50 -0700

I lied. (Well, I changed my mind.) I'll tell you what
my other two problems are now, because it will be late
this afternoon before I even get to look at them again.
Maybe someone will have a blinding flash of insight
that could point me in the right direction with one
simple sentence.

I'll send them in separate emails:

The first deals with my CD player again, which still is
not working. However, I think I have a handle on that.
I was complaining about it before. In the course of
things the behavior changed. I have no idea what I did
to cause the change.

As a reminder, the summary of the problem is this: I
have a CD burner on /dev/hdc (second IDE port, master),
and a standard RW CD on /dev/hdd (second IDE port,
slave). Never mind what it *used* to be doing. At
present the CD-R on hdd works fine except for one
thing: it won't play music through the speakers. The
problem is simply that my soundcard needs to be
reinstalled, which includes tweaking the kernel. For
some reason it wouldn't work. That's when I got myself
into kernel trouble. I'll deal with it later. (RSN)

Stay tuned for problem number two.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ