Kmail and Cox.net

Matt plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:03:08 -0700

I've had the same experience with it using SuSE Personal 7.3. For
whatever reason, it simply won't work. But if you used the pop and smtp
server adresses the other guy told you, they are wrong. Use:
pop.west.cox.net and smtp.west.cox.net . I wish you luck, but if it
still won't work, use Composer (Mozilla/Netscape). I spent a half hour
trying to get Kmail working, and spent 30 seconds setting up my account
in Mozilla. But I might recommend Netscape instead of Mozilla, because
Mozilla seems to delete my account every few days, and then won't keep a
new one between sessions for a while. Speaking of which, anyone
experience the same thing? Hope this helps.