where to buy decent ram

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:33:08 -0700

Fry's has 3 levels of ram they sell.  The cheap advertised ones with 30
warranty (I only have older slower computers and this has worked well for me
so far) on up to lifetime guaranteed ones.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig S." <castone@getnet.net>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 12:57 PM
Subject: where to buy decent ram

I have heard people talking about the poor quality ram at Fry's and I think
would have to agree that their ram is not so great. Seems stable at 100MHz
or
lower bus Freq's and Below 700 MHz processors. But when the RAM clocks get
pushed they become unstable.

So I guess what I was wondering is where I can get 2 256 MB RAM sticks that
are halfway decent? I need a place in Phoenix as I don't have a CC to make
web purchases.

Craig S.

---