XFree86 annoyance

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:31:10 -0700

Thanks.  Hans gave me that idea on the ASULUG.  After doing that I found that I
had no valid modelines for the depth.  Some debugging (thanks to startx >&
/tmp/xfree.debug) showed me the problem.  copied a valid modeline, changed the
clock setting to what the error said my max clock should be and boom, up came X
in 16bpp.  My problem was just using the GUI util (Xconfigurator) to try and get
it working.

Next issue will be learning nice so I can re-nice xmms to have a much higher
priority than the gps stuff so the music doesn't skip while maps are loading.