Total Network Usage

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:13:39 -0700 (MST)

Am 10. Apr, 2002 schwätzte Bill Nash so:

> 	Depends on the counters you're using. Most SNMP traffic counters
> are incremental from zero to 2^32 (for 32 bit counters), and reflect a
> rolling total. When it reaches the limit for the counter, it rolls over to
> 0 and starts over. Some router and switch vendors do provide rate

Yeah, I knew I left that out. It'll come up in the SNMP docs :).

He's not gonna roll the counters over in a day.

> counters, though. MRTG normal presentation of packets or bits/bytes per
> second is a time derived value using the different between samples,
> usually five minutes apart.

OK, wasn't certain how MRTG works. So can you get it to mark the counters at
the beginning and end of the day? Maybe change it to average out 24 hours
rather than 5 min?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  This line intentionally left blank.
#  Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.