Quick contact DB app?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:08:59 -0700

I know I will get several possible solutions to this question, but that is
what I am after and is the joy of Linux/open source/free software!

I want to use or create a contact database with the usual contact info but
also contact records containing dates and times of last contact, comments on
the contact, etc.  It must already exist somewhere or be easy to create with
the right tool.  In my former life as a other OS app developer, I know
exactly what tools I would use but I have not done this in Linux before.

Is there an app that does this sort of thing well?
Or
What tools would I use to build this app?  GNUe would probably be overkill
but maybe it can scale really small.  Kylix might work if I could bring
myself to use Pascal (gack!).

-General requirements: Single user, single workstation, Linux, KDE, nothing
fancy, just a basic GUI and simple reporting capability perhaps.

Alan