Linux Computer Store and Cafe

Thomas Mondoshawan Tate plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 03:05:55 -0700

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 07:49:45AM -0700, Bryce C. wrote:
> Just to point out the obvious, does the ssh server have it set?   In the
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, there shoud be a line "X11Forwarding yes"
> w/o the quotes and in the f /etc/ssh/ssh_config file on Crystaldragon,
> there should be a line "ForwardX11 yes" w/o quotes in the in the Host *
> section or under a special host section for chrystal dragon. Then you
> don't have to add the -X to your command.  Just try that and see.

Already set as such on both sides. Der. Hans was right -- have to have xauth
on all the machines. Unfortunately, even with it installed on Thing, ssh
reports that xauth is missing and refuses to allow "X connection forwarding
with spoofing". Dunno where to go from here -- I'll keep working on the
issue, but thanks anyway.

--
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
mondoshawan@tank.dyndns.org