Moving to Phoenix

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:47:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Virgil! I use Verizon and I am very happy with it.
There are minimal dropped calls, and Verizon has one of
the best built up networks in the country. I'm only one
person, so I don't share phone minutes w/anyone;however
I only pay $35.00/month and that includes 150 (if not
more) weekday minutes per month and 3000 night and
weekend minutes per month with no free longdistance (as
long as its on the network). Since their network is so
large, you can be just about anywhere in the country
and never worry about the roaming or the long distance.

I work for Motorola, and there may be a special
runninng w/verizon and Moto phones. I will check and
get back with you if I see something worth reporting
on. :)

Stacey

On Wed, 10 April 2002, "Silhanek, Virgil" wrote

> Hi everyone,
> My wife and I are moving from Iowa to Phoenix in
early May.  I would
> appreciate any feedback on a few questions that I
have with not being
> familiar with the area too well.
>
> For internet access, we were looking at hooking up to
Cox cable internet.  I
> know in the area I'm in now a lot of people have
problems with both DSL and
> Cable Modem access.  I just was wondering if there
were any suggestions as
> to which ISP is best to go with as far as being Linux
friendly and not
> blocking certain ports or that type of thing.
>
> We are also going to get cell phones in Phoenix.
I've tried to look at
> providers here that also cover that area and have
found so far that Verizon
> seems to be the best for our needs.  We want 2 phones
that are reasonably
> inexpensive per month and have shared minutes.  Most
of our calling is done
> from one phone to the other so unlimited/high number
of minutes between
> phones is preferred. I guess my question is, has
anyone used Verizon and are