SMC Barricade router and Cox.net

James Lee Bell plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:17:36 -0700

I had the same problem back when the switchover happened. The
connectivity would be on-again off-again, and would never stay "on" for
more that 10 minutes at a time. In my case, what fixed it was going into
the SMC's web interface and changing the WAN sides MAC address by
cloning an internal one (the button's there to do so). Once I changed
that MAC and cycled both the SMC and the cable modem, I've been pretty
much up since.