gentoo question

Gontran Zepeda plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:53:56 -0700

* bob smith (sekretskwerl@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Weee I'm now going from stage1 to stage2.
>
> I just had a quick question that had me a little
> worried even though everything seems to be fine.
>
> In the installation instructions it mentions
> a "new prompt" after you issue the command 'source
> /etc/profile'. But I still had
> the hash mark/root prompt. Is this ok?

Welcome to the fold. 8)   Seriously, that non-color changing prompt
is a 'feature' of the new installation setup.  I've heard it mentioned in
the gentoo-user newsgroup a few times lately.

It's interesting to me how gentoo development and features tend to go from
garish shiny (which I love) to classy matte as time goes on.

Gontran
--
luv yer local lug