Annoying problems

Matt plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:07:28 -0700

I'm a brand new user to Linux (escaped from Big Brother Bill), and there
are a few pretty minor things I have been having trouble with.

The first is that every time I start my computer, the keyboard setting
comes up in German. I can't count how many times I've tried to fix this.
I change it easy enough once I log in to KDE, but it never stays from
session to session.

The second is that my binary files won't execute. I've been trying to
download Java Runtime Environment 1.3.1 and a java based P2P application
called Limewire. Both are binaries, but they never execute.

I'm using SuSE Personal 7.3.